Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Misrad Hapnim...why do you forsake me?

Sometimes I don't know if venting helps or not. Like, it helps you blow off steam, but it could also take you back to the emotions of an unpleasant experience.

So, I go back to the Misrad Hapnim this morning, at the end of the month, just like they told me to at the start of the month. I check with the lady in charge of things at the Nazareth Illit branch; she doesn't speak much English and directs me to the lady who helped me last time, who speaks perfect English, but this lady is busy and can't help me, go back to the lady in charge. 

Then I am getting really stressed out and start to cry. Luckily, by PURE CHANCE, one of my co-workers was also at the Misrad Hapnim and was able to translate for me. 

Basically my visa situation is complicated because I've lived in several places in Israel and the various branches of Misrad Hapnim can't seem to communicate with each other. 

So, dear reader, if you ever apply for permanent residency in Israel, I recommend to do it at one location and not change, because if you move it will probably screw things up.

So, they extended my visa for 2 more months at least...but OMG, like this is weird to say, I don't believe in using emotions to be manipulative, but I think the fact that I cried convinced the lady in charge to extend my visa...and of course the God-send that is my co-worker.

OOYYYY F***ING VEY.

I dunno, I probably have some privilege issues (like expecting to be served because I'm American, white, etc.). I didn't mind if I had to wait all day, but I did NOT want to be sent away when my current visa was about to expire in 3 days.

Thank God for my co-worker and whatever luck I had today.


No comments: