May I just say with all the enthusiasm of a Prozac-happy American: I love, Love, LOVE Berlin. On the plane to Berlin, I meet a woman who is a professional lobbyist and works with corporations and governments. Uber cool. I didn't even know a job like that existed. She gets to travel all over the world for her job.
On the S-Bahn (the elevated subway), I remember all the things that made me fall in love with this city last summer: amazing graffiti art, like the entire wall covered in a painting of sunflowers, the wide canals flanked by cup-runneth-over green trees, a woman with an earring in the shape of handcuffs, a graffiti of a skull-and-crossbones with the words above: "professionalization is killing art," a guy with a shaved head on both sides and a long ponytail, and a worn leather jacket covered in spikes like a dinosaur, a guy on the train with paint-speckled jeans, and another graffiti that reads: "never ending storries" (stories spelled "storries").
So I meet my dad, which is awesome (he's here for 2 days), and we walk around the Alexanderplatz area, end up chatting with a Polish girl who was drawing a huge face with chalk on the sidewalk. She told us how she ended up in Berlin, "by accident," and later I meet two other people who also ended up in Berlin "by accident." I hope the same thing happens to me. Dear Goddess, please find a German person who wants US citizenship and have them please find me.
No comments:
Post a Comment